10 April, 2024

Ida Rentoul Outhwaite Art

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ida_Rentoul_Outhwaite

I must admit that I am new to this Australian lady Ida Rentoul Outhwaite (1888-1960), but the picture below I am quite familiar with for over 35 years, only recently did I find out who the artist was. Her illustrations are beautiful fairy and elf themed and right up my aly.

If you go on to Google images and type in her name there is a wonderful selection of her illustrations. Wouldn't these be lovely framed and hung on a wall, especially in a little girls bedroom. These are very dreamy images to inspire a child's imagination or bring out creative skills in those of us that are drawn to this form of art. The colours are lovely and soft and very fitting for the subject matter. There is also a facebook page dedicated to her artwork. 


It turns out there are calendars with her artwork too. You may want to search the internet for books or prints by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite. I suggest keeping an eye out for 2025 calendars if you want one. You may find some in your country if you don't live in Australia and you don't want to pay the cost of international postage. 


Cards for sale in Australia.

Conscription in Australia, spirit message

Reading some astrological stuff online and I hear February 2029 Australia will bring back conscription. I just hope that I am wrong on this...