12 July, 2021

Bruce Fummey: The first Scottish Australian - Lachlan MacQuarie

 https://youtube.com/watch?v=EJHGZHhlyzo&feature=share

I always enjoy Bruce’s history stories. He makes it so entertaining and gets the facts across at the same time. I am a big fan of Scottish and world history. And spending most of my  life in Australia; I am very passionate about Australian history. But one thing that I cannot stand is the abuse and treatment of indigenous people. 

No matter what country was being discovered centuries ago, I just wish that the supposedly civilised explorers had respect and treated the indigenous peoples in the world with the respect and dignity that they themselves expected to be treated with. All races are guilty of these things, very few are innocent.


Lively humour day