24 September, 2026

X ray on my birthday lol

 Not the usual sort of birthday this year for me, while it was nice, I treated myself to an X Ray for a suspected hairline fracture , I know, I spoil myself. Why,  you may ask, well it’s a funny story. A few weeks ago I fell off my  hammock chair, as I was trying to pick up my dog and put her on my lap. I had done that a few days before and had no problem, and Ruby enjoyed it. 

This time; I held her and tried to sit down in my hammock chair and I slipped, as you do. Well Ruby leaped out of the way because she is smart. I on the other hand went down like last weeks lottery ticket, backwards and hit the metal stand under the chair and my arm hit the metal shelf for plants next to it. I ended up sore and very bruised. My rear end had a black and purple bruise, and my left forearm and hand had big yellow bruises. This week the bruises are gone but I have problems with my left thumb, right at the base of the thumb. It’s about 3 and a half weeks now and the thumb is still not right, not agony but sore, so my morning was taken up by a long wait at the doctors and then off for an X Ray.

So boys and girls, what do you think I learned from this escapade? That’s right absolutely nothing 🤣🤣 I still have to wait a few days for the results to be emailed to the quack. I have a week’s wait to see him and then he has to work out what to do about my thumb. Meanwhile I have it bandaged up and trying not to make it worse. That ain’t easy because things still need to get done at home. Hubby is helping, but I can’t sit still and do nothing I feel lazy if I am not doing anything productive. 

Ah what a memorable moment to remember though 🤣🤣 it’s not every day you land on your arse and celebrate with an X Ray, lol. Only I can pull this one off, my advice is don’t try this one at home 🤣🤣 



X ray on my birthday lol

 Not the usual sort of birthday this year for me, while it was nice, I treated myself to an X Ray for a suspected hairline fracture , I know...