08 February, 2023

NINE HONEY: Skin Cancer, “I made my children take a good look “

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/deborah-knight-skin-cancer-damage-warning/2eb73388-fe19-4396-9865-076ba0bb5cf8 

Yup, it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall trying to educate people on skin cancer in Australia and always has been. Women have skin like leather by the time they are in their 30’s if the refuse to protect their skin. I have known many women and girls from school onwards that have skin like leather.

They look much older than me, I couldn’t tolerate the hot sun growing up and also fair skinned being Scottish. So I didn’t go out in the sun other than walking to and from school etc. However I didn’t use sun block, I wish that I did. My parents certainly never encouraged me to use sun block daily. They avoided the sun too and only used sun block on the odd occasion. 

I am now getting my skin checked regularly and so far I am ok, unlike my poor husband who has had surgery to remove a melanoma in his arm 7cm by 9 cm. He was never in the sun either, only driving with his arm at the car window like many people. 

You can buy sleeves to put on your arms to protect them from the sun, and some cover the back of your hands. Have a look on eBay and buy a few pairs. I am actually surprised that more people are not wearing them. You can buy really cool looking parasols or umbrellas with a silver lining to protect yourself from the hot sun also. There are companies that even make band parasols or umbrellas for young people including heavy metal styles. If you don’t want hat hair it’s an elegant solution. I have a few parasols because I just love them. 

Skin cancer education is vital no matter how old you are or where you live, but Australia is the worst place in the world for skin cancer. The sun is very intense and bright constantly even on cloudy days you are at risk so don’t be fooled by the clouds. Stay safe, hydrated and sun smart. 



Wes Penre: Q and A Session 5 April 2024

  https://wespenrevideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/QA-Session-5-April-2024.pdf When a medium is speaking to your loved ones in spirit p...