29 July, 2026

High breast density makes cancer harder to see on a mammogram, but it's not always reported to patients

 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2026-07-29/dense-breasts-halting-life-saving-cancer-diagnosis/106919428

Poor lady going through this, any leaks from the breast is a red flag any woman knows this. Then discovering it’s gone into her lymphatic system, how heartbreaking. Mammograms are only done because it’s cheap. I am very firmly against mammograms because they put such pressure on delicate breast tissue that can cause damage to the soft tissue. Not just that though, any cyst within the tissue can rupture and leak causing more harm. Not to mention how painful the procedure is, that alone tells you it isn’t right. An ultrasound is only good for certain things, other than that you should have an MRI. I was told this by my GP years ago for this exact reason. MRI’s are not cheap so that’s why they are not usually done on women’s breasts. I was told it would cost over $500 a few years ago if I wanted it done. This can put it out of  some women’s reach unfortunately. That should not be allowed to happen, it’s supposed to help save a life. 

 Women are often dismissed by doctors, who if they are male have no experience in what it’s like being a woman. How can they understand our hormones and what is really happening within a woman’s body when they have absolutely very little knowledge and experience in women’s health care. This does cost lives all too often. 

I have had fibrous breasts  since I was 19 and I mostly had ultrasounds due to the density of the tissue and  severe pain with constant inflammation. I knew not to have mammograms as I was always aware of the harm they can do. I was very slim and small build so most of my life too. Not one doctor wanted to investigate to see why I was having all these problems. They were totally stumped to explain what was wrong. 

This poor lady though has been through such suffering and she should only have MRI’s due to the dense tissue. I am so glad that she went to the media with her experience and I pray that she has a good health outcome and no more recurring problems. It certainly pays to be vigilant with one’s health and press the doctor to investigate further. 

High breast density makes cancer harder to see on a mammogram, but it's not always reported to patients

  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2026-07-29/dense-breasts-halting-life-saving-cancer-diagnosis/106919428 Poor lady going through this, any leak...