10 June, 2021

Shipping costs surge raises retail price pressure and inflation risks

 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-10/prices-consumers-shipping-ports-trade/100203086

Well we knew this was going to happen, people will need to get used to hardship. As I have been saying for a while, we are going to see a return of harsh conditions like the Great Depression. Don’t buy what you don’t need. 

I blogged about a vision that I had 30 odd years ago, at the age of 26 or 28. Where I felt we were going to experience true suffering and hardship like the lead up to ww1 and the Great Depression. This is it starting to hit. Remember these things don’t just happen; there is a slow build up in and a slow down as we recover. The world will be a different place when we recover.

In my predictions you will see that I said Australia will take 20 to 30 years to fully recover. Including some manufacturing eventually being on Australian shores. 

Just be sensible with your money, you don’t need holidays overseas, I personally couldn’t afford to go on holiday during my married life, and I see them as a luxury, it is a want not a need. People are in for a rude shock and maybe that is not a bad thing, because there is so much greed in this world. Take a look at the amount of retail stores selling mass produced goods, many of which end up as land fill. We have an oversupply of goods. 

Most of which are absolute garbage quality, because of planned obsolescence to keep consumers on the retail treadmill. Take a look at the secondhand clothes shops, they are over stocked and many of the goods are cut up for rags or end up in land fill. I have been told this many times by the managers of charity shops. I often take clothes and other goods to secondhand shops if they no longer fit. Or in the case of goods, it is household items that have been used and still in good condition  or people giving me presents at Christmas over the years. Eventually it becomes too much; so I donate them. I don’t need a stack of serving dishes or other tableware. 


The middle class are disappearing fast, but the big money will always stay in the same hands. Do you think that is by accident? There is no such thing as an accident. Definitely not when it comes to depressions and recessions, they are created. 

So just read the writing on the wall, because there is no turning back from this current situation, just prepare and try to buffer your family from as much hardship as possible. You can’t do any more than that. Live within your means and avoid credit cards because they will drag you  down into poverty if you can’t repay on time or pay them off. I personally am totally against credit cards and have never used one.

If I can’t afford something then I don’t buy it, it is that simple. The smart people don’t try to keep up with the Jones’s. They just do their own thing. The focus should be on feeding the family and paying bills from here on in. The world will recover but that is many years away, decades. So just do your best to buffer your family, avoid extravagance. I have a YouTube video called the 1940’s house on my blog. I highly recommend people watch it to get an idea of what to expect. Don’t think for one minute that we will not be affected by war within the next five or six years, that itself will bring more hardship. 


Queensland premier backs Molly the magpie's reunion with pal

  https://www.9news.com.au/national/queensland-premier-vows-to-work-with-instagram-star-molly-the-magpies-parents-after-outcry-over-seizure/...