25 April, 2023

Let sleeping dogs lie!

 Let sleeping dogs lie they, say it will be fun they said. In my house Miss Ruby rules the roost, but she is ever so cute and does it in a very adorable way. Making the bed after stripping it to wash the sheets, I have to do the remaking of the bed in stages; mustn't disturb the baby after all. There she is on top of the bed lying on a big European pillow with a soft minky cover on it for more snuggling of course. Oh and don’t be fooled, dogs and cats know what is soft and what isn’t soft. They can tell the difference between a cheap minky cover and one that is like touching air. I kid you not, straight away if you put a soft blanket or jumper on the bed or on a chair, within minutes either a dog or a cat in my house would be in like Flynn. Move over human I have to test the quality and softness of this. 

But when changing the bedding it’s look out for the plush toys, Gingerbread man, Froggie and of course Squirrel. Hidden under the European pillow are two pigs ears, as Miss Ruby likes two on the go at the one time. Meanwhile she is curled up in a ball on top of said  soft minky cover on the pillow. I start putting the sheets and pillowslips on the bed and she gives me that look with one eye. You know the one, one more move and I will tilt mum, but in reality she will growl her displeasure and get up and move if she has to.

Today she is determined not to move, the top half of the bed has the pillow slips on the pillows, the fitted sheet is on and the flat sheet and thermal blanket are on the bed, just waiting for madam to shift her bum. But nope, Miss Ruby works on her time not mine, lol. Got to love her though because she is just so cute.

The bed making in my house is like being a nurse, where the patient is bedridden and nurses actually change the bedding with the patient still in the bed if they are too ill to be physically moved. It’s a tough gig I tell you and Miss Ruby wants all her pigs ears and any biscuit put right back where it was, she just knows you know 🀣🀣🀣🐢 I must admit she is not the only dog or cat in our house over the years to be this precious. But I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way. I am such a big sook (softie) with my fur babies. I like them to enjoy their creature comforts. Ah, the joys of life 😍😍🐾🐢




Ancient Origins: Rock Art Discoveries in Eastern Sudan Tell a Tale of the Once ‘Green Sahara’

  https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/sudan-rock-art-0020716 The entire universe goes in cycles, so this is not unusual...