29 September, 2023

Miss Ruby is having a tumour removed

 Today I took Ruby to the vet because she has a lump on her lower right eyelid. The vet informed me it is a tumour. I expected it to be a benign growth but I wanted it removed because it has gotten bigger over the past two weeks and Ruby was starting to rub it. 

I assumed it was like a skin tag, and the lump has been there for a couple of months. So Ruby is going to have surgery to remove this tumour on Wednesday morning. I just pray that she will not have any more problems. We love our little princess and want her to have a wonderful life full of love and happiness. 

She is happy in herself and has heaps of energy as an 11 year old dog should have. I am not sure how she will take to the E-collar after surgery though, she must wear it for two weeks so she doesn’t scratch her stitches. In the meantime she has a gel to put on her eye 3 times a day. Poor puparino, we will have to make sure she is happy and comfortable when she comes home from surgery. Thank goodness she is not going through surgery like poor Tolstoy did. He had his right hind leg amputated at the hip from bone cancer and he was only 10, he got 4 extra years with us. It breaks my heart to see animals or children ill. Losing them is horrendous though. 

I will update everyone on Wednesday afternoon and hopefully there won’t be any further issues. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and cuddles to your children and fur babies.



Scotland’s People: Forenames

  https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/guides/research-guides/forenames#:~:text=Also%2C%20diminutives%2C%20nicknames%20and%20pet,for%20Alexand...