25 July, 2024

I work in a cafe and this is the one question from customers that shows a complete lack of respect

 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13669581/Liam-LeMercier-cafe-respect-customer.html

Hospitality is a tough gig, these people work hard and are often copping abuse from arrogant and ignorant customers. Which is a form of violence and intimidation in the workplace. It is no one’s business what education level the staff member has, we are not entitled to know anything about the staff and should never be so crass as to assume anything about them. 

There is absolutely no shame in doing good honest work, no matter what you do for a living. To me this shows the person treating a staff member like this has a problem with their own self esteem and trying to make themselves feel better by belittling others. I am actually amazed at any waiter’s excellent memory, juggling all the orders and keeping the service running smoothly. There are skills to learn in any job, but good communication skills and a good personality are essential in public facing roles. 

I had a friend that treated people in hospitality rather rudely, I dropped her like a hot potato as I didn’t want to be seen as being anything like her. Respect costs nothing, but this speaks volumes about the mindset of these abusive individuals. 

Some people actually enjoy their job in hospitality because they are people persons, and it is lovely to be greeted by such people with a smile when you are in a cafe, restaurant or bar. I always make a point in smiling and thanking the people that serve me wherever I go. I also say, have a great day, and I mean it. If they are not too busy I ask them how their day is going too.  Because I know that sometimes the person is going through something on a personal level and still has to deal with customers who have absolutely no idea if that person is suffering from depression, anxiety or has ASD. They may have an illness yet still have to work. I meet people in such circumstances and have the utmost respect for them, try walking a day in their shoes and you will see it’s not so easy. 

Looking at the comments on this story shows me that there are some very nasty people around. Trolls that have nothing better to do than make stupid comments, again it is the mindset that is abusive and maladjusted. Such is the times we are living in unfortunately. 

It pays to remember the saying; therefore go I, but for the grace and god! 


2025 Psychic Predictions are under way

 Just a heads up to let everyone know that I am working on my 2025 psychic predictions. The Australian ones are almost ready to be posted.  ...