24 March, 2024

Savour the sunlight


Tis the end of summer yet the days are still warm. The nights quickly draw in and the feelings of the day start to fade. I yearn for an extra hour of sunshine to bask in the golden sun. Too much to do and so little time, as a mother’s work has to continue. Indoors and hurriedly preparing for dinner; and wishing I was in  the garden doing nothing but sitting watching the sun go down. Please take your time sunlight, I want to savour this precious time, why hurry and miss the feeling of peace and perfection of nature’s wonders. 

 Savouring the sunlight as long as I can, the singing of birds and the humming of traffic in the distance blend into the experience as my mind wanders in a flight of fancy. How I wish I was a child in an ever lasting sunshine, not a care in the world. Why can’t I have the fun and adventure like the famous five? Endless summer days with picnics and fun, not toil and endurance. Just a chance for an adventure that fills one with joy. Not I though, reality bites as there’s chores to be done, I have no time to sit in the sunshine and dream. Something is always calling me to attention no matter what, a mother’s heart is pulled this way and that. Battered and crinkled with endless routines and restless sleep. 

Still tomorrow’s a new day, I shall try again, to grab some late afternoon sunshine and enjoy the sun going down. My silence is golden please don’t disturb me, I am recharging my batteries for the evening meal and the final round of chores before I can rest. A well deserved break and a hot cup of tea; I seek silence and respite in my tea for a moment. I want that moment to linger a while before reality comes again and the reminder that tomorrow it all begins again. I will attempt savouring the sunlight tomorrow with the hope that I may get a chance to bask in your presence. I bid the sunset adieu for the evening and longing for sunlight as the sun comes up in the morning. 



© Alex Fulford 

Conscription in Australia, spirit message

Reading some astrological stuff online and I hear February 2029 Australia will bring back conscription. I just hope that I am wrong on this...