29 March, 2024

Binging on lovely romantic movies over Easter

 Happy Easter everyone, 

I do enjoy the vibe of Easter from a seasonal perspective, the atmosphere and the weather at this time of year is sentimental to me, remembering childhood in Scotland. Spring in the northern hemisphere is lush and green with beautiful spring bulbs in bloom, especially daffodils, hyacinths and crocuses. I fondly recall visiting my grandparents at Easter and giving both of my grandmothers bunches of daffodils and chocolates every year. I love the fragrance of daffodils and hyacinths to this day and grow them in my garden as a wonderful memory of spring in Scotland. 

In Australia these flowers don’t bloom until August, September and October; so when it comes to Easter in Australia it’s still pretty hot in the mid to high 20’s Celsius, although if you live in the southern regions, the mornings are cooler. So I like to have a day to reminisce about childhood memories and watch old romantic movies while enjoying goodies.

Enchanted April is one of these feel good movies, about a small group of women that want to have a nice Easter holiday in Italy away from the rain and gloom of post WW1 England. It’s a warm and feel good movie where a beautiful romantic transformation takes place in otherwise dull and uneventful lives of these women. 

If you have never seen this 1991 movie, I highly recommend it as a must have in your DVD collection, to watch on a day when you feel flat and need a pick me up movie to bring back the warm and fuzzy vibe. 




Above is the cover of the DVD that I have, there are a few other covers, but the cast is the same. Joan Plowright, Miranda Richardson, Josie Lawrence, Polly Walker, Alfred Molina, Jim Broadbent and Michael Kitchens.

Another great favourite is Chocolate with Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche. A different world away in  a simpler time and place with a message of acceptance. There is nothing nicer on a relaxing day to enjoy these quality movies and sipping tea from your favourite fancy tea cups while eating hot cross buns, or enjoying a bottle of sparkling wine in the afternoon. 

 Make it a day of fun doing what makes you happy. I hope Easter Bunny stops by on Sunday with plenty Easter eggs for you. 🐇🐰🐰🐣🐥🐤

Warm and fuzzy hugs everyone 






Conscription in Australia, spirit message

Reading some astrological stuff online and I hear February 2029 Australia will bring back conscription. I just hope that I am wrong on this...