11 August, 2022

A cats birthday dream

 Last night I had one of those weird dreams. In the dream it was our cat Slinky’s birthday. Slinky actually  passed away a few years ago, but his birthday was around this time of year along with his doggie brother Gromit’s birthday. In this dream I had sprinkled a lot of gold glitter on Slinky’s back to celebrate his birthday and I had given him a big red cat toy which looked like a macramé dream catcher with a red feather on the end for him to play with. 

Suddenly Ruby appeared and frightened poor Slinky and he ran off. I was upset because Ruby had frightened Slinky, eventually he came back to me and I felt so happy to have him back. 

Glitter is a good symbol in dreams as is the colour gold. But I woke up with a mixture of feelings, I ended the dream not really knowing what it was all about, I miss my beloved Slinky and I am puzzled having no clue what it all means. All day I have been thinking of him and the wonderful joy he brought to my family. My son had good taste in picking Slinky to be his cat. Slinky was no ordinary kitty there was something very special about him. He was so loving and gentle with an aura of great wisdom around him. 

I guess he was just visiting me and letting me know he is still around, aware that his birthday is this time of year. As we used to do birthdays for our fur babies by giving them special treats to share on each of their birthdays. 

TGIF

  We made it to the end of another week of  whatever passes for  the ongoing game of Russian Roulette called life with crazy shit happening ...