15 April, 2022

Vegan diets are healthier and safer for dogs, study suggests

 https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/apr/13/vegan-diets-are-healthier-and-safer-for-dogs-study-suggests

WTF? Right at the end of the article it says they wouldn’t recommend it. So there you go! This is animal abuse right there. No one in their right mind would say this is safe or appropriate. Dogs and cats have never been vegetarian or vegan. This is against their natural state, and highly dangerous. Have we not seen cases of very malnourished dogs and cats in the news because of people making them go vegan. This is a political agenda being pushed and needs to be stopped. Whom ever is responsible for the production of vegan food for carnivores is in this for the money and it just goes to prove how stupid some people really are. 

One year is not enough time to study the effects of this monstrosity and neither are the control group figures adequate. No mention of the age of each dog or breed, prior health problems etc.  Most dogs or cats hardly need a vet if they are healthy. The problems with health though is the poor quality of commercial pet food.

It is clearly not fit for consumption yet no one stops the manufacturers from selling unhealthy food. If it isn’t fit for human consumption then it is not fit for animals either. It’s all about money though isn’t it, and we are talking billions of dollars. This needs to be changed to improve the health and well-being of dogs and cats. Having had two dogs and four cats all at the one time; I can tell you most of my fur children died of cancer and I blame the pet food; and I bought the best that we could afford.

My 3 of my cats died at the age if 17. One died at 14 having bone cancer, 2 of my cats had thyroid problems and were on medication for that after being through surgery a few years prior to their illness getting worse. Daisy as you will see on my blog ended up having a tumour in her nose. Garfield with his thyroid issues developed kidney disease. Slinky had stomach cancer and kidney disease  and Tolstoy had bone cancer, he had a leg amputated at the age of 10 and it was so heartbreaking for me; he was my baby and when he had to be put to sleep 4 years later it was something that devastated me, not to mention his dear little kitty wife Daisy. She was lost without Tolstoy as the were together since Daisy was a kitten. 

My dogs died at 13, one with a heart murmur and the other cancer. My fur babies had regular check ups and had been well cared for. In fact they were pampered and there is no way in earth that I would submit my fur babies to a vegan diet. I would go without to keep my fur babies well fed . Animals cannot give consent to what they eat or what sort of care they receive. We fur parents have to do what we feel is for the best in providing a healthy and safe lifestyle including love and keeping our fur babies safe from harm.

As I have pointed out on other blog posts a vegan diet is not good for anyone and the human brain deteriorates on a vegan diet. That is clearly shown by neurologists, so why is a dog or cat any different?

This is a political agenda and it is irrational and downright dangerous. Anyone that makes their dog or cat live against nature like this should be reported by their vet and punished by the law for animal abuse. 

Binging on lovely romantic movies over Easter

 Happy Easter everyone,  I do enjoy the vibe of Easter from a seasonal perspective, the atmosphere and the weather at this time of year is s...