14 March, 2022

SMH: Women can’t believe it when I tell them they’ve had a heart attack

 https://amp.smh.com.au/healthcare/women-can-t-believe-it-when-i-tell-them-they-ve-had-a-heart-attack-20220311-p5a3vk.html

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. Education on health is important regardless of your age and gender. You also need to know what health issues are in both sides of your family and that includes when you have children; the father’s family health issues are important too. Speaking from experience as I have serious health issues in my ancestors and my husband side also have multiple health issues that relate to our children and grandchildren.

My grandmother had a heart attack when I was primary school age, so she would have been in her 50’s back then. Heart problems are right through my family. I have known this all my life and I am quite aware that it puts me at risk. I am aware the symptoms of a heart attack in women is different to heart attack symptoms in men. How can the average woman not be aware of these issues when they are supposedly better educated than in my grandparents time? I would put it down to not wanting to know, the it can’t happen to me attitude. 



Wes Penre: Q and A Session 4 April 2024

  https://wespenrevideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/QA-Session-4-April-2024.pdf