14 March, 2023

One’s old china: set of plates fit for the Queen comes up for auction

 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/12/ones-old-china-set-of-plates-fit-for-the-queen-comes-up-for-auction

Gosh what a find, but what a waste, only used once and then locked up in a cupboard for years. Very delicate Just imagine dropping a piece that would be heart attack inducing.


I love nice bone china, I would imagine this is very light to touch as often the fine stuff usually is. I used to have a tea set that was my parents; which was bought in Hong Kong in the late 1950’s when my dad was in the army. This eggshell china tea set had a lithophane Japanese Geisha lady’s face at the bottom of each wide saucer like cups. The tea set was white and silver in colour with a very fine Asian countryside design in silver detail. I just didn’t have the space for this and took it to a charity shop. I went back a day later with more items and noticed the tea set was  gone. I hope that someone enjoys this , however I strongly recommend keeping this in a cabinet or it could get damaged. It may be near impossible to find a replacement for any breakages. 



This is an image that is an exact match of my parents tea set. It’s called the Unity tea set. The website link  is here where I found a photo of it, for which I am grateful. So, I have discovered a little more of it’s history, I never knew the name of the tea set until now or it’s history after ww 2; other than my dad bought it for his mum originally and she then passed it on to my parents before I was born. 
Our teapot got damaged in moving house though so it was no good. I think there was a chip and a crack on the spout of the teapot. Which is very easily done due to how fragile this set is. Best advice is keeping it as a display piece and don’t use it. My parents never used their set, it was display only.

Collecting fine bone china is a lovely hobby with delightful memories to share with loved ones and is something that one can pass on to others that love and appreciate it. I love to use some of mine for an afternoon tea with scones or cake. There is nothing nicer than a cosy afternoon tea with nice linen on the table and a pretty tea set. Creating a beautiful memory and the joy in the moment of the sacred afternoon tea. 

Oh, and by the way I have my great grandmother‘s scone recipe on this blog. They freeze well and defrost in the microwave at 50 seconds. So why not plan a nice afternoon tea on the weekend with friends or family. Most importantly enjoy the experience.

https://psychictarotreadingwithalexfulford.blogspot.com/2021/02/alexs-scone-recipe.html


Ancient Origins: Rock Art Discoveries in Eastern Sudan Tell a Tale of the Once ‘Green Sahara’

  https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/sudan-rock-art-0020716 The entire universe goes in cycles, so this is not unusual...