26 June, 2022

Hyacinths in progress

 I decided to get into growing Hyacinths again after many years. So after keeping them in the fridge crisper for four weeks, last night I put them into the bulb vases and put them in a dark cupboard for the next exciting stage. 

I have at least one white Hyacinth and a mixed bag so I just hope that the three in bulb vases will be pink, white and purple. The smell is divine and so old worldly, it makes me feel sentimental. 

The last time I grew these beauties I still had all my original fur babies. Fondly remembering Garfield strolling past them on the sideboard and freaking out in case he knocked them  over. He broke a few vases and fancy glass candle holders in his time. 

Anyway I am super excited to be growing these again. I don’t remember what happened to the pyramid shaped bulb vases that I used to have. I must have donated them to charity. Damn, I do that and then think, D’oh! I wish I had hung on to that. 

I am a lover of old fashioned flowers and bulbs, there is something special about them that hark back to simpler times. Lace doilies and lovely flower vases and any romantic old world furnishings make me so happy. I think that I would like a country cottage like miss Marple’s. But more girly with pink, lavender and soft blues and soft green for a summer look. 



Queensland premier backs Molly the magpie's reunion with pal

  https://www.9news.com.au/national/queensland-premier-vows-to-work-with-instagram-star-molly-the-magpies-parents-after-outcry-over-seizure/...