03 July, 2022

Woman suffers catastrophic injuries after chiropractor visit

 https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/woman-suffers-catastrophic-injuries-after-chiropractor-visit/news-story/9e648da8294e4c073d93428d44ff7728

What a terrible thing to happen to the poor girl. This poor soul has sadly had her life ruined, and I am pretty sure the chiropractor must be devastated by the tragedy. 

I used to go to a chiropractor for almost 40 years after a car accident at aged 19 off and on after physiotherapy just wasn’t working for me. But in the years since and many visits to chiropractors and osteopaths nothing has fixed my injuries. Classical osteopathy is safe because they don’t crack any bones, much as I loved that crunch of my neck going into place. My bones would never stay in place from my neck down to my hips. The more that you do this the weaker the skeleton becomes, the bones will just keep popping out of place. 

 I realised that I was wasting my time and money. I started going for Thai remedial massages and this helped to a point. I would recommend remedial massage as a replacement treatment along with advice from your doctor and physiotherapy. 

I still have ongoing pain and problems from my 1984 accident and osteoarthritis throughout my spine. I no longer drive a car as my neck hurts and I can’t turn my neck properly to lane check without being in pain, among other health problems as a result of the accident. 

Don’t take a risk with your neck, avoid neck manipulation as much as you can. There are other techniques that may help, which involves supporting the neck and massage. Then you may have specific exercises for your neck muscles to strengthen them. It’s not easy and may not return you to pre injury condition. But do make sure that you look after your body and prevent things from deteriorating as best you can. 




TGIF

  We made it to the end of another week of  whatever passes for  the ongoing game of Russian Roulette called life with crazy shit happening ...